The world of Obstacle Course Racing (OCR) can be overwhelming if you are new to the sport.
Even if you have been around a while if you are trying to qualify at a smaller race the options can seem overwhelming.
Mud Run Guide, one of our media partners , recently announced the publication of their newest book, Mud Run Guide’s Ultimate OCR Bucket List. The book, available in hard copy only, includes coverage of more than 100 OCR brands and event types. Included in the book is every USA based qualifying event for OCR World Championships and North American OCR Championships.
For those who live outside the USA, some international events are talked about including several Canadian brands as well as events from the other side of the globe like Tough Guy, Toughest, Bermuda’s Triple Challenge and Hannibal Race.
Some Chapters include:
- Swagtastic: races with great swag
- Persistence Pays Off: awards you can get for completing multiple races in a season,
- History Buff: head back to OCRs original races
- Destination Races: looking for a fun race-cation?
- Reality Show: explanations of OCR TV shows
- Challenge Yourself: can you keep your band on these courses?
- All Nighters: 24 hour OCRs both in the USA across the world
- OCR Plus:OCR plus Crossfit and other crazy ideas like triathlon
- Permanent: the fixed courses in the USA
- Local Races: all the single race events that make OCR great
- International Traveler: options for those looking to head to new countries
- For the Party: the best party OCRs
- and more!
For those looking to qualify for OCRWC or NORAM, you will find the best qualifying information in the Local Races chapter.
Once you’ve qualified, definitely head to the Championships Races chapter to find out some details on which one of Adventurey’s championships events you are putting on your calendar for 2019. With over 130+ pictures, the book highlights what makes each event unique and worth your time to travel towards.
– Evan Perperis
Evan Perperis, NSCA-CPT, is an athlete on the Conquer The Gauntlet Pro Team and author of three books on Obstacle Course Racing. Included in his 39 podium finishes is a 2nd place Pro Coed Team at the 2018 North American OCR Championships and 1st Place Team at 2018 World’s Toughest Mudder. Find more of his content at www.teamstrengthspeed.com.