It’s a new year, with a ton of opportunities to qualify for the Obstacle Course Racing World Championships 2020 at Stratton Mountain, Vermont October 2nd-4th, 2020.
Qualification is required to compete in Pro or Age Group of the 3km and 15km events at OCRWC, while our third race category – the Journeyman division – requires athletes to complete any 3 obstacle course races or mud runs within the qualification period of August 10th 2019 to September 27th 2020, without any timing stipulations. There are no qualification requirements for the 100-Meter Sprint, Team Relay, or Charity Open events.
To start 2020 off with a bang, we’ve rounded up a few of the newest of our qualifiers, to give them a warm welcome to the OCRWC family. With a range of innovative obstacle course races offering something for every type of athlete, there’s never been a better time to try and gain that all-important qualification, and get you championship racing ready. What are you waiting for? For a full list of OCRWC qualifiers, click here or contact email@example.com with any unanswered questions.
Take on this medieval themed challenge in beautiful Spain, for an unforgettable experience. The 9km event packs in some amazing obstacles, featuring rigs galore with every set up you could think of. With 4 events across the year to qualify at, Medieval Xtrem offers a quality qualification opportunity, where you know you’ll be well prepared for everything OCRWC can throw at you.
- February 2nd 2020, Valencia 9km
- April 19th 2020, Alicante 9km
- May 31st 2020, Alicante 9km
- September 6th 2020, Alicante 9km
- Age Group
- Top 20 male and female in Elite 9km
- Top 5 male and female in each Age Group 9k
- Top 5 male and female in Elite 9km
If the events in Puerto Rico are anything like the team, then we expect them to be a lot of fun! Reflex Extreme Challenge is hosted across different locations, featuring a range of terrain from mountains to streets, forests and farms, with challenges of varying levels of difficulty. Team PR didn’t get so skilled by qualifying at straight forward races!
REC uses a band system and has a huge array of obstacles to contend with from classics like rope climb, 4,6,& 8 ft walls, to more unique obstacles like Human Hamster, Xtreme Rig, and Ninja Step.
- February 9th 2020, SAN SEBASTIÁN, Puerto Rico
- April 26th 2020, SAN SEBASTIÁN, Puerto Rico
- July 19th 2020, TBC, Puerto Rico
- Age Group
- Top 10 male and female in each age group in the Elite Wave
- Top 5 male and female overall in the Elite Wave
The Abominable Snow Race offers a twist on the everyday OCR; it’s a winter race with guaranteed snow. Yes, snow. If mother nature doesn’t provide, they create! It’s held at Devil’s Head Ski Resort in Merrimac, Wisconsin, and offers you the opportunity to try your hand at something a little different.
The Elite event is 8 miles long, with 20 obstacles, featuring mandatory completion. If you fail an obstacle, you lose a band, fail 3 times on one or more obstacles and you’re out of running for awards or qualification.
Spectators are free, and the event showcases a great village with BBQ, hot chocolate, local craft beer, games, music, and more!
- March 14th 2020, Merrimac, WI US 53561
- Age Group
- Top 15 male and female in the elite wave
- Top 5 male and female in the elite wave
This is your opportunity to experience a little slice of bonny Scotland over in the USA! The ingeniously highland games themed event in Illinois, hits you with a barrage of obstacles, worthy of the most iconic celebrations of the Celtic culture.
Ranging from the moderate muddy barbed wire crawls (Chainmail) and Guardian Gates; a 12’ slatted wall up and over, to the torturous Gauntlet, their signature obstacle, a tough and tricky rig which promises to a staggering less than 25% success rate. Highlander Games has made registration easy and customer friendly with OCRWC qualification events clearly marked on their website.
- September 19th 2020, 1911 West Fernview Ln., Holiday Hills, IL, 60051
- Age Group
- Top 15 elite or open male and female in the 12 mile
- Top 10 male and female in the 24 mile
- Top 3 male and female in the 12 mile
- Top 5 male and female in the 24 mile
A mud fest with some technical obstacles thrown in, Mud Hero swears to be the most fun you’ll ever have covered head-to-toe in mud, but don’t be fooled, this doesn’t promise to be an easy qualifier.
Anyone earning their coveted OCRWC place at these events can know they earn it the muddy way. All distances are qualifiers, with 3 to choose from; 6km, 10km, and 21km available at the Ontario Triple Crown.
- May 30th, 2020, Ottawa 6k
- May 31st 2020, Ottawa 10k
- June 13th 2020, Montreal 6k
- June 14th 2020, Montreal 10k
- June 26th/27th/28th 2020, Ontario Triple Crown
- July 25th 2020, Manitoba, 6k
- July 26th 2020, Manitoba 10k
- August 8th 2020, Alberta 6k
- August 9th 2020, Alberta 10k
- August 22nd 2020, Toronto 6k
- August 23rd, Toronto 10k
- Age Group
- Top 15 in each age group in all distances individually
- Top 3 male and female in all distances individually
Every year the team at Zeus builds on their permanent course race, with the event getting better and more challenging. Think water, mud, ropes, frames, nets, climbs, swings, logs, bars, tires and much more
Zeus races are known in the UK for their friendly and affordable events, with fantastic marshals, high-quality obstacles, including the devilishly tricky Force5 Gibbons, and fun twists on the classics.
Take on 3 laps of the 7km course, loaded with 60 obstacles per lap for your chance to qualify for OCRWC 2020.
- July 18th, 2020, Ancaster Leisure, Wood Lodge, NG32 3PY
- Age Group
- Top 25 male and female in OCRWC qualifying wave
- Top 5 male and female in OCRWC qualifying wave