Disclosure: The following post is brought to you by our good friends over at Venga CBD. We stand behind their products and this content and are excited to bring you their 2021 training calendar!
As OCR athletes we want to show up on race day prepared and ready to rock! To make that happen, we have to train consistently – and how do we do that?
Make a plan!
Our training plan has to take into account all of the demands of our daily life; family, work, school, social, education, vacations, and on and on…
So what’s the trick?
MAKE IT VISUAL – See your Whole Year At A Glance!
If you’re like many, a VISUAL way to see the entire year at a glance is so helpful. Most planning and calendar tools fall way short of our visual needs by confining months into boxes the width of a week, and even further by disconnecting the months!
At Venga, we decided to create a new calendar to help us plan the whole year. We wanted to be able to see the whole year at a glance, post a BIG calendar on the wall and create the year to include training, racing, family, life, and everything in between. We created the Endurance training calendar with all the days of the year on a SINGLE PAGE!
Being able to glance at a high-level record of training & life can be a game-changer in helping you make training decisions and stay motivated.
MADE FOR ENDURANCE – And life!
Then we went further! We added endurance training features like a tracking scale, goal setting area & numbered weeks.
3 years ago we posted our first training calendar online for free. What happened next blew us away! We began to get pictures from athletes, moms, and business owners showing us how they were using the calendar not just for training but to plan all areas of their life!
This year marks the 4th version of the calendar that’s become an indispensable tool for thousands of athletes to help them plan, train, stay accountable, and keep up with life’s demands.
Check out this video of OCR Pro Veejay Jones planning out his year.
Here are a few TIPS for using the 2021 calendar.
- The digital version works great on an iPad – just open with Apple Notes or our favorite, Good Notes, and create your year!
- Use the top scale to track anything that’s meaningful to your training; milage, workouts per week, weight, etc.
- Use sticky notes to help plan important dates on your year
- Consider all areas of your life that come in contact with your training – school, vacations, family commitments, seasonal/weather impacts
- Use the numbered weeks to quickly assess the time period between dates
- Post in a place where you’ll see it every day
- Add important life events – over the year this will become a time capsule if your year
We hope you find the calendar as useful as we have over the years. Download yours and start planning today for the 2021 OCR World Championships, September 23-26, at Stratton Mountain Resort, Vermont, USA.